Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Age Group: YA
Rating: 4/5
Source: Publisher
Release Date: September 27, 2011

Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong.

Doesn't that summary make you want to devour this book? I did! By just reading the summary, I didn't know what the book was going to be about. It sounded like there was going to be mystery, paranormal, and maybe some horror. I was excited to read this book.

The first page grabbed my attention right away and I couldn't stop reading after it. The whole beginning was filled with mystery and I was dying to know how Mara survived the accident, how Mara came out alive. Her story interested me and I wanted to know more. Then came Noah. He so is my new favorite literary crush. He was the bad boy in school and even though Mara tried ignorning her feelings for him, she just couldn't help falling for him. Mara's brother, Daniel, was also a very unique character. I enjoyed him a lot and their relationship as brother and sister was funny at times. Daniel was the perfect one in the family who was going to get into and Ivy League school and Mara... well, she was a regular girl trying to find her place in high school.

The cover is one of my favorite parts of this book. I mean look at the beautifulcover. It's full of beauty. I know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but that cover is to die for. I would totally pick this book up just because I want to look at that cover.

Michelle Hodkin is an amazing new author, full of promise and I can't wait to read more of her work!

No comments:

Post a Comment