Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Eternal by P.C. Cast

Publisher: BenBella Books
Age Group: YA
Rating: 4/5
Source: Publisher

Immortal: Love Stories With Bite, edited by P.C. Cast (author of the #1 New York Times phenomenon House of Night series), collected dark, romantic short stories from seven of the hottest vampire writers in YA.

Now Eternal: More Love Stories With Bite presents all-new YA stories featuring vampires, the romantic heroes and heroines that still hold the reading public enraptured. A mix of writers from the first anthology and new contributors makes for a fresh new collection with all of the dark romance of its predecessor, and a book that’s sure to thrill vampire romance fans old and new.


When I read IMMORTAL last summer, I loved how all my favorite authors gathered together and wrote short stories about vampires. ETERNAL continues the same great excitment. Claudia Gray, Lili St. Crow, Nancy Holder, Heather Brewer, Rachel Caine, and Jeri Smith-Ready all contributed.

If I had to pick a favorite story, I actually can't because they were all good in their own way. I enjoyed how Claudia Gray went back to EVERNIGHT (one of my favorite series!) and how Rachel Caine too went back to her books - The Morganville Vampires (still need to read them!). The rest of the authors came up with their own story, but I did find it funny when I read Nancy Holder's story - "Letters to Romeo". Basically, Romeo here is a vampire. Now if you loved ROMEO AND JULIET in English class, you're going to enjoy this whole new different twist.

The cover was amazing and it does capture eyes down the YA section at a bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment