Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Graveminder By Melissa Marr

Publisher: William Morrow
Age Group: Adult
Rating: 4/5
Source: Publisher


Melissa Marr is known to young adult readers as the author of the popular faery series Wicked Lovely. Her debut leap into adult fiction lands her in the small community of Claysville, a town where the dead walk free unless there their graves are not properly tended. Into this eerie maelstrom, Rebekkah Barrow descends as she returns to a place that she once believed she knew. Kelley Armstrong justly described Graveminder as "a deliciously creepy tale that is as skillfully wrought as it is spellbindingly imagined." A new genre author to watch.



When I read Melissa Marr's WIKED LOVELY, I wasn't too big of a fan. When I found out she had written an adult book, I wanted to give it a try and I'm glad I did. It was so good! This book was one of those books that I had a hard time putting down. I didn't want to put it down because I didn't want to leave the world that Marr had created.

This book is perfect for fans of paranormal and mystery. I liked Rebekkah's attitude. She wasn't annoying, she just didn't want to be told what to do. And that's a great thing because she was so strong willed. Then, Bryon comes into the picture. His relationship with Rebekkah is like pushing away and coming back.

Melissa Marr painted a picture in this book. She described her new world so vividly, I felt like I was watching a movie. Overall, this was a great book and can't wait to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment