Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Timeless by Alexandra Monir

Publisher: Delacorte Press
Age Group: YA
Rating: 5/5
Source: Publisher


When tragedy strikes Michele Windsor’s world, she is forced to uproot her life and move across the country to New York City, to live with the wealthy, aristocratic grandparents she’s never met. In their old Fifth Avenue mansion filled with a century’s worth of family secrets, Michele discovers a diary that hurtles her back in time to the year 1910. There, in the midst of the glamorous Gilded Age, Michele meets the young man with striking blue eyes who has haunted her dreams all her life – a man she always wished was real, but never imagined could actually exist. And she finds herself falling for him, into an otherworldly, time-crossed romance.

Michele is soon leading a double life, struggling to balance her contemporary high school world with her escapes into the past. But when she stumbles upon a terrible discovery, she is propelled on a race through history to save the boy she loves – a quest that will determine the fate of both of their lives.



This book has to be one of my favorite reads in 2011. Once I began it, I didn't know what to expect. I liked the whole concept of time travel, but I didn't know how Monir was going to execute that. But she didn it perfectly and I was hooked.

I began this book hoping to just read a couple of pages, but I found myself no able to put it down. I was heart broken when Michele's mom died. I felt her pain and Monir did a fantastic job descibing the pain. Michele then goes to live with her rich grandparents in New York City and she's a Windsor - one of the elite of NYC. But there, she finds a diary of one of the Windsor's and through that diary, she travels back in time and meets Philip. The two share so much in common and I loved Philip's polite manners.

The ending is a cliffhanger and I was dying to read more and I hope there will be more to Michele and Philip's story. Also, Alexandra Monir has made songs for the books and I did listen to them and they too were amazing and fit the book.

Overall, if you're looking to break away from vampires and werewolves, this book is for you. It's full of love, mystery, and traveling through time.

No comments:

Post a Comment