Friday, July 29, 2011

Dear Bully

Publisher: HarperTeen
Age Group: YA
Rating: 5/5
Source: Publisher
Publication Date: September 6, 2011

Seventy authors tell their stories.


The moment this book arrived to me, I read it immeditaly. All the stories in here are from many YA authors, and also the big ones. Bullying seems to be increasing everyday and I know what the victims feel because I was bullied as well and not to long ago. I just finished my junior year of high school and I went through the most painful time and I hope I never revisit it. I'm scared to start senior year and face the bullies again, but this book gave me hope. I don't feel alone any longer and if you are a bullied victim, this book will help.

All seventy authors went through bullying themselves, some far worse than what I went through. And if you look at them now, their books are bestsellers and they seem to have the perfect life, but it wasn't always that when they were teenagers. I'm so glad this book came out and it does show that it does get better. Bullying isn't going to last forever.

I know it's hard ignoring the bullies when everywhere you go, they're there. Knowing that my favorite authors went through what I'm going through, brings warmth all over me and I feel that it's going to be over in several months and I no loger will see the bullies. This book also lets you know that you're not alone. I know it made me feel that way and if you are being bullied, talk to a trusted adult, or if you can't do that, read this book. Every author is speaking to you throught the pages and I know that this won't be the last time I'll be reading this book.

And if you feel that no one out there cares, think again. These authors do and that's why this book was made.

DEAR BULLY is an amazing book edited by Megan Kelley Hall & Carrie Jones, and with stories from seventy authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment