Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Fallen by Liz Braswell

Publisher: Simon Pulse
Age Group: YA
Rating: 5/5
Source: Bought

Chloe King was a normal sixteen-year-old girl. She did her homework and got good grades, but she wasn't afraid to ditch class sometimes to hang out with her best friends. She slept at home, but otherwise avoided all human contact with her mom. The usual stuff. Then she fell from San Francisco's highest tower, and her life changed. For starters, she died. And then, she woke up. Now Chloe's life is anything but normal: Suddenly guys are prowling around her, she's growing claws, and someone's trying to kill her. Luckily for Chloe, she still has eight lives to go.

I never knew this book actually existed, but when I heard about the new T.V show, I was excited to read the books. I very much enjoy the T.V show and while wondering around Barnes & Noble one day, I decided to pick up The Fallen, the first book in The Nine Lives of Chloe King, and give it a shot.

I finished it in one day.

Not only is this a quick read, but also very engaging. I felt as though the T.V show followed the book a lot. I could actually see Chloe and her friends. I felt as though I was watching the T.V show and if you're a fan of the show, I reccommend reading the book. I haven't yet read the other two books, but will pick them up because I truly enjoyed the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment