Sunday, July 3, 2011

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Age Group: YA
Rating: 4/5
Source: Bought

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.


HUSH, HUSH was another one of those books that I kept on looking away at the bookstore. When I bought FALLEN by Lauren Kate, I fell in love with fallen angels and I craved for more. So, I found out that HUSH, HUSH was about fallen angels and I pivked it up hoping to just give it a try. But once I began reading, I just couldn't stop. It was amazing and I got pulled into the story and wanted to know more about Patch.

Marcie Miller is the mean girl and I absolutly hated her and the way she treated Nora. I felt bad for Nora. She had to work and help her mom make ends meet and when she met Patch, he was the dangerous boy, but he also was so funny! I would find myself laughing at what Patch would say. There were times though when I just couldn't trust him.

Now let's go to the ending. Oh the ending! It was such a big twist that I just couldn't believe. Everything you thought was true at the beginning of the book, turns out a lie at the end. Becca knows how to keep the reader at the edge of their seat.

Overall, this is a great fallen angel book to add to your collection of fallen angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment