Monday, July 11, 2011

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Publisher: Little, Brown for Young Readers
Age Group: YA
Rating: 4/5
Source: Publisher

Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies.



This book was an idea I had never heard before. I wasn't too sure how it was going to be, but the synopsis sounded promising and I was excited to dive in. London is not like other 16 year olds. Once 4:33 AM arrives, she forgets everything and has to write everything that had happened that day or else it's gone from her memory.

When Luke arrived in the picture, I had doubts about him because I wasn't too sure if he was there to harm London, if he knew the power she possessed, etc. Then there's London's friend who even though London cared so much for, she still thought London didn't want the best for her. I'm not going to spoil that part, but it's sort of shocking.

The cover is a part that I loved, espcially the back of the book. I love the gray background with the purple butterflies because it didn't give too much away from the plot and the front with the bold FORGOTTEN written on it, is sure to catch your eye at the bookstore.

2 comments:

  1. I have heard alot about this book and it sounds so good! Thank you for sharing :) I also just read your review for The Lying Game by Sara Shepard and totally agree with you! I just reviewed that one and enjoyed it too! Anyways, newest follower here! I hope you can stop by my blog!

    Lulu The Bookworm
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops I just tryed my link "My Blog" and it doesn't work... it's actually: www.lulu-bookaddict.blogspot.com :S

    ReplyDelete