Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Ivy by Lauren Kunze and Rina Onur

Publisher: Greenwillow
Age Group: YA
Rating: 4/5
Source: Bought

Congratulations! You have been admitted to the most prestigious university in the world. Now what are you going to do?

Callie Andrews may not have money or connections or the right clothes, and she may have way too many complications in her love life, what with

Gregory
the guy she loves to hate ...


Evan
the guy she'd love to forget ...


Clint
the guy she'd love to love ...


and Matt
the guy she really should love ...


all vying for her attention.

But she has three fantastic roommates (best friends or her worst nightmare?) and a wholesome California-girl reputation (oops) and brains and beauty and big, big dreams.

Will it be enough to help her survive freshman year at Harvard?


Harvard. That one word was all I needed to hear to make me pick this book up at the bookstore. And hearing about the social elite scene at Harvard made me want to devour this book even more. Callie was just accepted the the most respectable and elite school known, Harvard University. Even though Harvard is known for its students that study a lot, I don't think many know about the social life there. To me, it's always been a mystery.

The authors both went to Harvard so this book isn't made up. Maybe somethings are a little twisted in some ways, but I would say most is true, and even if it wasn't, it sounded true. I loved reading what Callie went through and the mean girl who smiles a lot - Alexis hating her.

So many things happened in this book, I felt for Callie when she was hurt. Not only does she have to shine in academics, but she wants to be in the social life. And that life is just as competitive. I really enjoy books about Ivy League schools and this one has been the far best and I can't wait to read the sequal, SECRETS to find out more about Callie's adventures at Harvard!

No comments:

Post a Comment