Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Betrayal by Lee Nichols

Publisher: Bloomsbury
Age Group: YA
Rating: 5/5
Source: Publisher

Emma Vaile is the most powerful ghostkeeper in centuries. Which is great for battling the wraith-master Neos and horrible for her social life. Emma knows fellow ghostkeeper Bennett Stern is her soul mate, but when ghostkeepers fall in love, the weaker one loses all power. And until Neos is defeated, Bennett and Emma can't risk it.
When the temptation of being with Emma gets to be too much, Bennett disappears, pursuing a dangerous path to increase his powers. Heartbroken and alone, Emma tries to lose herself in school. But when the Knell, a secret ghostkeeping society, sends two new ghostkeepers to Echo Point—one a snarky teen guy, the other a British scholar—Emma throws herself into training to battle Neos. But as the team grows stronger, so do the ghosts. And worse, one of their own will betray them. One Emma never suspected. . . .


I fell in love with the first book in the Haunting Emma series - Deception. Betrayal is only better! Now Emma knows that she's the strongest ghostkeeper and she is the only one strong enough to dispel Neos once and for all. But Emma is also in love with Bennett who as well is a ghostkeeper, but as the two fall more in love with each other, Bennett's powers are dying out. And even though Harry blames Emma for Coby's death, to top things off, Bennett leaves. I was so devestated when he left that I was tempted to turn to the end of the book and see if he came back (but I conquered my curiosity!).

So many things happen in this book, I don't know where to start. The whole mystery about Emma's parents and her brother Max, well let me just say that we find out a little about that. I'm going to keep this review spoiler free, but I promise you that you will be dying to get your hands on the last book in the trilogy - Surrender!

Lee Nichols knows how to make characters jump out of a book. Nichols' characters aren't flat, they have life in them and so does the plot. The entire time while I was reading this book, not only was I on the edge of my seat, but also felt as though I was in the book. Now that is a good book. I'm always on the search for great new series to all in love with and The Hauntin Emma Trilogy has done it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment