Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller

Publisher: Razorbill
Age Group: YA
Rating: 5/5
Source: Author

Haven Moore can’t control her visions of a past with a boy called Ethan, and a life in New York that ended in fiery tragedy. In our present, she designs beautiful dresses for her classmates with her best friend Beau. Dressmaking keeps her sane, since she lives with her widowed and heartbroken mother in her tyrannical grandmother’s house in Snope City, a tiny town in Tennessee. Then an impossible group of coincidences conspire to force her to flee to New York, to discover who she is, and who she was.
In New York, Haven meets Iain Morrow and is swept into an epic love affair that feels both deeply fated and terribly dangerous. Iain is suspected of murdering a rock star and Haven wonders, could he have murdered her in a past life? She visits the Ouroboros Society and discovers a murky world of reincarnation that stretches across millennia. Haven must discover the secrets hidden in her past lives, and loves¸ before all is lost and the cycle begins again.

I have been waiting for a book like this and now my wish has finally come true. I devoured every single page and I kept finding myself turning the pages, waiting to see what would happen next. The mystery and the romance sizzeled throughout the book and everytime I would put this book down, I couldn't resist the temptation and would pick it up again. But after I was done, I kept thinking about it. I was mesmerized.

I loved Haven. I didn't think of her as a weak character. She just had been through a lot and didn't know the truth to everything and living with grandma who watches your every move is certainly not the ideal life. But Haven managed to ignore every bad voice and person around her and I was glad she did. Enter Iain Morrow. He loved Haven from the moment he spotted her, and let me say this, I had my doubts with him as I was reading. It gets to a point where you don't know who to trust anymore.

I loved the plot of THE ETERNAL ONES. Reincarantion is something so new in YA and I'm so glad Miller decided to write about it because she had me until two in the morning finishing the book. It was that book and also unforgetable.

The ending was great. Not only did it leave room for a sequal, but it also was happy and I love happy endings. I was so glad everything worked out in the end and all your questiosn are answered because if they weren't, I don't think I would have slept.

The cover if THE ETERNAL ONES was very unique. I loved the the snake eating its own tail because that was what the book centerned mostly on - The Ouroboros.

Overall, I LOVED this book and I don't know how much I can express my love for it. It's my favorite book so far and I say give it a chance. I didn't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment