Wednesday, June 8, 2011

YA books

YA books have always been my favorite. I wanted to take today and write about how they have a huge impact on teenage lives today. They're not just books about love, drama, mystery, etc. They all have a moral to them, and if they don't, I think we all can learn something from them.

Say you're in high school and a situation comes up. Maybe it's bad or maybe it's good. So many situations that would happen in a high school setting happen in YA books. You see what the character does and it may help you know what to do as well. I'm sure many of you know about my anti - bullying organization Show Love Not Hate and what I was going through in my junior year. When I was reading my books and similar situations would come up, I would feel so happy. I felt as though someone knew my pain.

The best part of YA books is how great the authors are. Most authors base their books on life experiences. So maybe what the character went through, so did the author. YA books let us know that we are not alone. They show us that there is someone here for us.

The fun part of YA books (especially the paranormal ones) is going into a world that will never exist. Vampires, werewolves, and immortals pretty much don't exist. But hey, there's nothing wrong with dreaming of having a boyfriend who's a werewolf.

Without YA books, I don't know what I would have done. I like Adult fiction books, but I always find myself back to the YA section of the bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment