Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Publisher: Delacorte Press
Age Group: YA
Rating: 4.5/5
Source: Bought

Some Angels are Destined to Fall
There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.
Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.


I fell in love with FALLEN when I saw it at the bookstore. The beautiful cover lured me in and I knew I just had to buy and I did. But as the book began, it was so slow! I kept thinking to myself - how is this book so bad? I really wanted to like it, but as I got into the book, it picked up speed. I found myself not able to put this one down.

I loved the way Kate developed her characters. Luce was not some sort of girl who just was scared, but she stood up for herself. Daniel was a big mystery through out the story. I wanted to know so much about him, but his arrogant self towards Luce was annoying. He was so mean to her, but towards the end he shows Luce that he truly loves her.

By now I guess you know this book is about fallen angels (hence the title and Daniel's last name). I was glad to read a book that was so different from the regualr vampires and werewolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment