Thursday, June 30, 2011

Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin

Publisher: Bloomsbury
Age Group: YA
Rating: 5/5
Source: Publisher

Avery Hood is reeling from the loss of her parents--and the fact that she can't remember what happened to them even though she was there.

She's struggling to adjust to life without them, and to living with her grandmother, when she meets Ben, who isn't like any guy she's ever met before.

It turns out there's a reason why, and Ben's secret may hold the key to Avery finding out what happened to her parents...

But what if that secret changes everything she knows about--and feels for--Ben?




What a book! I read this one in one day and actually stayed up all night finishing it because I couldn't put it down. LOW RED MOON is a fast paced love story that has you eating away its pages to find out more.

Avery Hood has just lost her parents and the way Devlin descibes her pain, it so real for me. It wasn't as though Avery was sad for losing them for just two pages and then was jumping in jpy because the hottest boy in town loves her. Her pain lasted throughout the entire book and her quest on finding who killed them followed. I was scared for her. Whoever had done it, (you'll be guessing until the end) wanted Avery dead as well. And when Avery descibes what happened that night, what she saw, all I could was cry.

The plot was pretty typical, but for me it doesn't matter. What really matters is if the story can grab my attention and take me on a ride until the last page. This book did it for me.

The ending, was perfect. Everything was solved and and I'll just say there is a happily ever after.

The cover is absolutly gorgeous!!!!! The red foil captures the story so well and when I first recieved this book, I kept on looking at the cover.

Overall, if you love werewolves and a good mystery/romance, this book is for you. It keeps the suspence until the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment