Monday, August 29, 2011

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Age Group: YA
Rating: 5/5
Source: Publisher

Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadnt been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.


I absolutly loved the first book, HUSH, HUSH and was so excited to read the second book. We know that Nora lost her father, but here she begins seeing him and she has no clue if it's real or not. Also, Patch and her begin to seperate from each other. I'll tell you, I was heart broken. I didn't want to Patch to leave Nora, but what got me furious was him being with Marcie Miller. Hello! Marcie is Nora's worse enemy!

Fitzpatrick has thrown so mnay great twists and turns that I just couldn't keep myself from putting this book down. I'll be honest, I was scared to pick this book up. I was worried that I was going to be disappointed that CRESCENDO wasn't going to live up to HUSH, HUSH, but it totally did.

Here, we find so mnay secrets that will only shock you and you will be dying to read the third book, SILENCE. Heads up, SILENCE comes out in October which is almost here and I just can't wait to get my hands on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment