Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fury by Elizabeth Miles

Publisher: Simon Pulse
Age Group: YA
Rating: 3/5
Source: Publisher

Sometimes sorry isn't enough....
It’s winter break in Ascension, Maine. The snow is falling and everything looks pristine and peaceful. But not all is as it seems...
Between cozy traditions and parties with her friends, Emily loves the holidays. And this year’s even better--the guy she’s been into for months is finally noticing her. But Em knows if she starts things with him, there’s no turning back. Because his girlfriend is Em’s best friend.
On the other side of town, Chase is having problems of his own. The stress of his home life is starting to take its toll, and his social life is unraveling. But that’s nothing compared to what’s really haunting him. Chase has done something cruel...something the perfect guy he pretends to be would never do. And it’s only a matter of time before he’s exposed.
In Ascension, mistakes can be deadly. And three girls—three beautiful, mysterious girls—are here to choose who will pay.
Em and Chase have been chosen.

When I first read the synopsis of this book, I acutally thought it was a paranormal book. Also, the blurb gave me that feel as well. But when I began reading it, it was more like a contemporary novel. I did, however, find out later in the book it's actually a paranormal novel.

First and foremost, the cover of FURY is an attention grabber. The girl with the firery red hair connects with the title and most likely people will pick the book up to see what it's about. The book did start out a bit slow for me, but once the Furies came in, then the book picked up speed. I was just so interested in them that I realy wished they were in the book a whole lot sooner.

The Furies were the most interesting part in the book because I just found it hard to connect with Em and Chase. Now by all means, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the book. It was very good, but I wish the pace was faster and more interesting things happened. But overall, I am going to read the other two books in the series.

Elizabeth Miles has created an unique world that hasn't been used before in YA. I think something different from the regular vampires and werewolves will appeal to many readers. Miles's writing will sure entice readers and this book will make you not want to put it down because you're going to want to know what's going to happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment