Sunday, April 10, 2011

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

Publisher: Harcourt
Age Group: Young Adult
Rating: 5/5
Source: Bought

 
The undead can really screw up your senior year . . .
Marrying a vampire definitely doesn t fit into Jessica Packwood s senior year get-a-life plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth and he s her long-lost fiancé. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war and save Lucius s soul from eternal destruction.

There are no words able to explain the love I have for this book. I bought this book to satisfy my love for vampires and after reading Twilight three years agao, I thought there was nothing like it out there. But I was wrong. Jessica's Guide was amazing! The story starts off with Jessica and she sees Lucius for the first time near a tree staring at her, than at school. Every girl immediatly falls in love with him, but his love is for Jessica but Jessica hates him and always wonders why he loes her and not some hot cheerleader.

But as time goes by, Lucius and Jessica's parents become very close and Jessica finds out that Lucius is a vampire prince and Jessica is a vampire princess. She also finds out her real name which Lucius loves to call her by. But the story is so much more than something cute. The emotional trail this book is filled made me want to cry. So much happened and there was no way I could put this book down. I never wanted to put it down.

I loved the ending so much, I really wanted a sequal. There is a short sequal on Beth Fantaskey's web site, but I also found out there will be an actualy sequal coming out soon!! How cool is that!!! I'm super excited for it since when a book makes me feel so many emotions so fast and I'm thinking about it after many days, it's one of my favorites of all time.

If you love a good book, this one's for you. But also look at how amazing that cover looks. I wish we could have seen the guy's face and I love the fangs hanging out from his smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment