Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

Publisher: HarperCollins
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 400
Rating: 5/5
Source: Bought

Only two weeks ago, life was all too predictable. But that was before I saw my first ghost. Now, along with my supernatural friends Tori, Derek, and Simon, I’m on the run from the Edison Group, which genetically altered us as part of their sinister experiment. We’re hiding in a safe house that might not be as safe as it seems. We’ll be gone soon anyway, back to rescue those we’d left behind and to take out the Edison Group . . . or so we hope.

The final book in the trilogy really did knock my socks off. The day it came out, I immediatly ran to the bookstore and bought it. My only worst fear for this book was that it wasn't going to live up to the hype I was waiting for, but it totally did. There is more action in this book and we find out who Chloe will end up with!

With the Edison Group still behind them, Chloe, Derek, Simon, and Tori are still running. Here Simon and Derek's dad comes in the picture and we find out more about the back story of what he was doing with the Edison group. Chloe has been becoming more and more stronger on every book and she is one of my favorite characters.

The ending was no cliffhanger and it tied up the book perfectly. Now all I'm waiting for is the new trilogy by Kelley Armstrong, The Gathering. Also, the color of the necklace is shown in this cover, purple! My favorite color, though we never find out what the color purple in the necklace means as we did in the other books.

Overall, this book blew me away and was a great way to end the trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment