Sunday, May 6, 2012

Vicious Little Darlings by Katherine Easer

Publisher: Bloomsbury
Ag Group: Young Adult
Source: Publisher

Sarah Weaver wasn't looking forward to starting at an all-girls school. But that was before she met Maddy. Maddy and her best friend, Agnes, are fun and rich and interesting-and for some reason, they seem to really like Sarah. Before long, Maddy and Agnes have moved Sarah into a big house off campus, where they cook together, buy each other presents, and share each other's secrets. So why does Sarah feel like something's bizarrely wrong? As more and more cracks start to show in Maddy's and Agnes's perfect veneers, Sarah notices some strange and disturbing things: Maddy's compulsive lying, Agnes's obsession with Maddy, and the deterioration of their friendship. And just when Sarah begins to question her own sanity, things turns deadly. Fans of Pretty Little Liars will devour this juicy debut novel.

I can't believe I waited so long to read this book! I kept on looking at it on my bookshelf, but never picked it up until I read the first page and I was hooked. The plot was definatly creepy and if you get scared of all the little things, then you'll be scared when you read this book, especially in the dark.

I thought Sarah was the type of character that didn't have herself together and couldn't get herself together either and Agnes and Maddy were from another planet. Everytime they came into the picture, I got this uneasy feeling in my gut that they were up to no good and whatever they were doing was never good. Plus, I knew something was hiding on the inside, dying to come out.

Going off to college next year myself, I was scared of this book. I kept on thinking to myself, what if I meet people like Maddy and Agnes and get myself into a big mess like Sarah did? Easer knows how to write horror and this book wasn't just horror. For lack of a better word, it was creepy. It gave you emotions that you could only feel if you were actually in that situation and I felt for Sarah at times. No matter what she got herself into, she was going down the rain with Agnes and Maddy.

If you're into something different with a scare factor, pick this book up.

No comments:

Post a Comment