Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Jodi Meadows Interview


1. How did you come up with the idea for INCARNATE?


Fairies. They dragged me from my bed in the middle of the night, hauled me out my window, and made me listen to the story a hundred times until I could recite it exactly as they told it. Then they said I had to write the book Or Else.


That answer may be a lie.


 
2. The road to publication is hard, how was yours?


Hard! I wrote a lot of manuscripts, got rejected a lot, and had some pretty hard times while trying to get published. Ultimately, the struggle was worth it. I think I appreciate what I have now more than I would have if I hadn't gone through those difficulties.


 
3. Can you relate to any of your characters?


Sure! Ana's insecurity with her music comes from a very real place. I've felt that same insecurity and need for success with music, dance, and writing. It's hard putting your heart and and wanting so much to be good at what you love, and knowing you have a long way to go.


 
4. For all the people who want to be writers out there, what advice would you give them?


Write a lot. Read a lot. Be prepared to get rejected a lot. Writers who succeed are just writers who didn't quit.


 

5. Are you planning on writing any other books after INCARNATE?


Yes! INCARNATE is a trilogy, so there will be two more set in that world. I have other stories I'm tinkering with on the side, but they haven't sold yet, so I don't want to say anything about them.


 
6. Can you describe INCARNATE in five words?


Reincarnation. Youth. Love. Music. WE'REALLGONNADIE!!!!

1 comment: