Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Along For The Rise by Sarah Dessen

Publisher: Viking
Age Group: YA
Pages: 416
Rating: 5/5
Source: Bought

It’s been so long since Auden slept at night. Ever since her parents’ divorce—or since the fighting started. Now she has the chance to spend a carefree summer with her dad and his new family in the charming beach town where they live.
A job in a clothes boutique introduces Auden to the world of girls: their talk, their friendship, their crushes. She missed out on all that, too busy being the perfect daughter to her demanding mother. Then she meets Eli, an intriguing loner and a fellow insomniac who becomes her guide to the nocturnal world of the town. Together they embark on parallel quests: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life she’s been denied; for Eli, to come to terms with the guilt he feels for the death of a friend.
In her signature pitch-perfect style, Sarah Dessen explores the hearts of two lonely people learning to connect.

I immediatly fell in love with this book after I read the synopsis on the front jacket. I'm not a big fan of chick-lit books, but this one caught my attention and I thought to myself, why not give it a try. This book totally changed my mind about chick-lit novels.

Auden has insomnia and her parents are divorced. For the sumer beofre college she goes to the beach town where her dad lives and there she meets Eli. Eli is an amazing, sweet guy who cares a lot about Auden and too has insomnia. While everyone is asleep at night, the two are out.

This isn't the first book I've read by Sarah Dessen, but it is my favorite. The story was so well developed and the characters were so well formed that I felt as though I was in the story myself. The ending was a bit confusing for me and I reread it a couple of times, hoping that I would understand it, but it still was hard.

The cover is very cute. With Eli and Auden together on the cover and the bicycle there is the book all together. P.S the bike does play a part in the book for Auden.

Overall, if you're a fan of Sarah Dessen, go and read this book. It's amazing and it's a great story.

No comments:

Post a Comment