Wednesday, February 2, 2011

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Age Group: YA
Pages: 453
Rating: 5/5
Source: Bought

As readers of series starter City of Bones already know, teenager Clary Fray is a Shadowhunter, a demon slayer who has the gift of spotting Downworlder werewolves, vampires, and faeries. She is also an adolescent in an abnormally dysfunctional family: Her mom is in a magically induced coma and her father is probably insane and undoubtedly evil. All of which places Clary in situations that would challenge even the most talented average American girl.

City of Ashes is the second book in the trilogy and it blew me away. When I went to the bookstore, I actually grabbed both City of Ashes and City of Glass so I can devour both of them at once. It only took me 2 days to read this one (it's a pretty big book).

I love the world Clare has created in her Mortal Instruments Series. Clary here is fighting harder and Jace, I even more in love with. This review is going to be short since I really don't want to give away any spoilers and the more I say about the plot, spoilers will come out.

But the cover again was amazing and I believe the girl is supposed to be Clary since she has the red hair. Overall, if you loved the first book, this one will so not disappoint and I urge you to go out and read this one. This is an excellent series and I'm so glad I picked it up finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment